Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:52 am

Here's a pic after KBS and top coat. I'm bored with black.. Maybe I went a little overboard? Are those terrafirma springs?

Your work list - Page 8 Img_0512
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:14 am

You need a harbor freight soda blaster.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:24 am

Soda won't take off rust. Sandblaster.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 am

Wtf is soda for? Paint?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:38 am

Soda is used to remove paint without any damage to the material underneath. You can take the paint off of fiberglass and sheet metal, and it wont significantly scratch the material underneath.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:42 am

Your work list - Page 8 Img_0513

This is what I used for undercoating. The cleaner and rust blast stuff really kills the rust. It's amazingly strong. This kit plus a wire brush and you can recoat anything that is rusty with success. It's what I did to my sliders when they were completely covered in rust.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:19 pm

why do they say the sand is no good for the environment?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
why do they say the sand is no good for the environment?

because it ruins beaches..

No really I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Your work list - Page 8 Img_0514

Lift done - 3+ inches in total now.

Now I need to decide on what I am going to do on shocks.. + 5 or adjustable front towers with my OME's.. May do the TF extreme long travel shocks but im going to need mounts for all of that too..

Also thinking about selling my bumper and picking up something new and different. Then on to the rear bumper that is some what matching based on what I pick for the permanent front bumper.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:29 am

You could cut and reweld the shock towers lower.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:44 am

durt d1ver wrote:
You could cut and reweld the shock towers lower.

Yea schuler and I kicked that idea around too.. We will see. He's got some ideas for adjustable towers too.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Your work list - Page 8 Img_0516

You can see the lowered shock mounts give me a little extra something.Thats not even at full extension. After seeing Fodges shocks I might still go terrafirma pro sports and go used -2 towers and call it a day on suspension.

Your work list - Page 8 Img_0517

had it parked on a hill so I could bleed it. Running that flush for a little bit before I flush it out tomorrow. (damn rain)

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:08 am

those tires look about right on there now. how many inches bigger are you going?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:27 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
those tires look about right on there now. how many inches bigger are you going?

I'm going to focus on shocks first.. Trying to decide if I want to keep the -2 mounts and do prosport shocks or go all new +2 mounts and do the extreme long travel. Either way I am going with Terrafirma.. Think Im going to start saving my pennys for the extreme long travel mounts and shocks Very Happy

edit: and come up with a plan for retaining/relocating springs..
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 am

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

I'm going to focus on shocks first.. Trying to decide if I want to keep the -2 mounts and do prosport shocks or go all new +2 mounts and do the extreme long travel. Either way I am going with Terrafirma.. Think Im going to start saving my pennys for the extreme long travel mounts and shocks Very Happy

10" short body blingsteins front and rear. Just my 2 cents. Stainless hose clamps work pretty good for upper spring retainers lowers I just use a peice of 1"wide flat stock and drill 2 holes to mount to factory mounting bolts.
Or you can let the springs just flop around in the front like I do, it just gets a little noisy and itll have a getto lean unlesd i beat them back in with a hammer lol
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:01 pm

i just picked up some 3/4" yellow rope to tie on to my PSP and three heavy duty 27 gallon storage bins to pack my gear in. they are stackable and have tie down loops not bad for $13 at Home Depot.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i just picked up some 3/4" yellow rope to tie on to my PSP and three heavy duty 27 gallon storage bins to pack my gear in. they are stackable and have tie down loops not bad for $13 at Home Depot.

Hmm would like to see a pic of that been looking at something for the back of my truck.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

10" short body blingsteins front and rear. Just my 2 cents. Stainless hose clamps work pretty good for upper spring retainers lowers I just use a peice of 1"wide flat stock and drill 2 holes to mount to factory mounting bolts.
Or you can let the springs just flop around in the front like I do, it just gets a little noisy and itll have a getto lean unlesd i beat them back in with a hammer lol

You gonna fabricate me mounts and towers? :-)
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Yeah once I get a chance to work in the shop a couple days.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Long Haul wrote:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1000622 eh?
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Jake wrote:
Long Haul wrote:

Thats a pretty good deal but mite be just a little long. Thats the only thing I dont like about the Fox's they are just a little longer compressed length then Blings. But im sure I could make them work. Mine are valved 100/90 those arent listed, but Hoaks 4x4 not far from you can revalve I think $25 a shock.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Jake wrote:
Long Haul wrote:

Thats a pretty good deal but mite be just a little long. Thats the only thing I dont like about the Fox's they are just a little longer compressed length then Blings. But im sure I could make them work. Mine are valved 100/90 those arent listed, but Hoaks 4x4 not far from you can revalve I think $25 a shock.

I don't have the money now but I'll prob pick up bilsteins when I pull the trigger
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Stock No More   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:50 pm

August 14, 2011
For Immediate Release

Fodge's 2002 D2 officially retired its 'stock' status with the installation of a new TerraFirma suspension lift. It is believed that this was to be a 2" lift but it was discovered during the conversion process that the shocks being surgically attached by the world renowned Rover surgeon Dr. Jake Hartman were in fact +3 ProShocks. The transplant was complete success and it is anticipated that the Rover will make a full recovery and be back on the trails as soon as a lost shock tower bolt replacement is found and the stainless steel brakes lines that were mindlessly forgotten by Dr. Hartman's assistant are installed in a scheduled follow up procedure to be done on an outpatient basis at a facility in DE.

Fodge's 'Shock Stock' Rover enjoyed its status as a source of entertainment for Rover clubs throughout the east coast area. In its stock years the Rover donated many parts to local trail parks. More recent donations to the trail God's included but were not limited to: Differential Cover, Rear Bumper, Bumper End Caps, Wheel Arches, Tires, Rims, and several other unidentifiable parts. It is expected that local purveyor of fine used Land Rover parts Randy and his colleague and importer of Land Rover essentials Justin of Lucky8 are to be major benfactors of this progressive transformation.

I would like to thank the young Dr. Hartman for his fine work and counsel on the first stage of what is undoubtedly going to be a never-ending pursuit of Rover greatness.

Pictures of the mementous occassion will be shared on a future post as I am not technically compentent enough to figure out how to get them in this fram.

Thanks a ton Jake, much appreciate the help this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:59 pm

lol! I gotta say I'm gonna get bored following you now Fodge, I wont be picking up mud flaps or bumper covers anymore. Congrats on the new lift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 8 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next