Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Your work list - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 pm

I think the green truck is gonna lose the rack too. It looks cool, it holds my lights, but thats about it. Ill probably pull the factory rails off too and plug those holes somehow.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Long Haul wrote:
I think the green truck is gonna lose the rack too. It looks cool, it holds my lights, but thats about it. Ill probably pull the factory rails off too and plug those holes somehow.

Trying to make it aerodynamic? Maybe add a wing on the back? Smile
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Jake wrote:
Long Haul wrote:

I was thinking wing, lo profile 24"s and crazy paint job with neon ground effects.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Jake wrote:
Long Haul wrote:

I was thinking wing, lo profile 24"s and crazy paint job with neon ground effects.

Brian I know you obviously arent running boots on your fox - but what do you think - run them or not? I think I am just going to say fuck it on that Ranchos
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Honestly it depends how you mount the shocks. The body on top I wouldnt bother with boots the body on the bottom I would put them on if you have them....... But really they are more of a pain then they do good in my opinion, they either hold dirt in or they slip off all the time. I pulled my stabilizer boot off too clean under it after the last RC trip I got about a cup of shit out of it, but it is mounted horizontal so it never drains out.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Honestly it depends how you mount the shocks. The body on top I wouldnt bother with boots the body on the bottom I would put them on if you have them....... But really they are more of a pain then they do good in my opinion, they either hold dirt in or they slip off all the time. I pulled my stabilizer boot off too clean under it after the last RC trip I got about a cup of shit out of it, but it is mounted horizontal so it never drains out.

Yea it's kinda damned if you do damned if you dont. These shocks mount body down but the boots he has for them look pretty shitty. It would be good if they are on there to protect them but I'm going to have to pull them off after every serious wheeling trip to clean this shit out. If they come off while wheeling then it was stupid to begin with and it would be easier to just clean them with a hose and cloth with no boot after I'm done wheelin. I dont know I might buy some new boots cause I found a site that does them cheap and in every color of the rainbow. What do you think neon pink or purple?

Your work list - Page 11 Boots_sm
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:36 pm

I think pink fits you lol. Yeah its one of them damned if you do damned if you dont items. The only place I would want them is at the pines to help keep sand out but if you hose all the crap off when you get home I think youll be fine without them.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 pm

Long Haul wrote:
I think pink fits you lol. Yeah its one of them damned if you do damned if you dont items. The only place I would want them is at the pines to help keep sand out but if you hose all the crap off when you get home I think youll be fine without them.

Think I am going to run terrafirma cones and front lower retainers. I have a set of rear lower retainers already but I think I am going to need to figure out what to do for brake lines. What did you end up doing again?
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:23 am

I got my hoses made at a hydralic shop in Lancaster (http://www.ruscohyd.com/)
He can make them any length you want, also can make them in rubber, stainless,and coated stainless, I got the coated just for a little extra protection. Im sure there is a hydrolic shop near you that can make them too just make sure they are DOT compliant and made for brake fluid. I had to take 1 front and 1 rear hose to them so they could match the ends up, I have an extra set if you need them for measurements let me know.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:25 am

Also when you measure for length add a little extra for steering.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:54 am

Long Haul wrote:

Out of curiousity you remember what lengths you got for the front? I think in the rear if I flip the mounting plate I might be good with the once I have now. Rovers north sells a set that 4" longer than stock but not sure thats gonna be enough. I'm excited to get this set up running!! Going to have to run some hose clamp retainers as I build it though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:10 am

Jake wrote:
Long Haul wrote:

Out of curiousity you remember what lengths you got for the front? I think in the rear if I flip the mounting plate I might be good with the once I have now. Rovers north sells a set that 4" longer than stock but not sure thats gonna be enough. I'm excited to get this set up running!! Going to have to run some hose clamp retainers as I build it though Laughing

If I remeber right its either 30" or 34" front and rear I had all 4 made the same. I know they are 14" longer then the Goodridges I got from Lucky8. If this 3 link loosens up the front like they say it will I'll be getting new fronts, about 2" more droop and theyll be tight when I have the steering turned.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:01 pm

I asked a guy off one of the other forums to send me a quote on some long ones to compare prices.

I still need to fix my panhard rod bracket. My truck has just been sittin for a week or so. Probably going to try to get the stuff I need tonight.

Going to pay Dale for that bumper and I am going without a bull bar for sure and then I will be picking those shocks up from Denny.

I am sick of fixing shit now and have to get my truck and car to pass inspection sooo this may be the last could things I do this year. We will see!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:02 pm

got my xyz rebuilt. tranny cable is back on, new bracket installed and the cable tension was just right the first time around. bolted it tight truck started and it was already in park! i got every gear, cleared the CEL and so far i'm good to go. will take it to work today or tomorrow to make sure i don't go into limp. for the first time in over a week my truck is actually in park and the doors are locked.
(had to disconnect the battery cuz the key was stuck in the ignition cuz the truck wouldnt recognize the tranny was in park)

what a fuckin mess. now i know exactly how to do that if any other D2 guys run into that problem.

next up diff guards and snorkel fitted, then rewiring my lights and CB.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
got my xyz rebuilt.

OK, can't take it anymore. WTF is an "xyz"?
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:23 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
got my xyz rebuilt.

Its a D2 thing were not allowed to know.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:12 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
got my xyz rebuilt.

I don't even think land rover knows what it is because they refer to it 3 different things in the RAVE manual. neutral safety switch, transmission selector switch, and xyz or wxyz if your in england, australia or new zealand. is a fancy sensor that is sitting under in air conditioning drain. the drain drips on the sensor until it is damaged and does not let your truck moved
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
got my xyz rebuilt. tranny cable is back on, new bracket installed and the cable tension was just right the first time around. bolted it tight truck started and it was already in park! i got every gear, cleared the CEL and so far i'm good to go. will take it to work today or tomorrow to make sure i don't go into limp. for the first time in over a week my truck is actually in park and the doors are locked.
(had to disconnect the battery cuz the key was stuck in the ignition cuz the truck wouldnt recognize the tranny was in park)

what a fuckin mess. now i know exactly how to do that if any other D2 guys run into that problem.

next up diff guards and snorkel fitted, then rewiring my lights and CB.

Glad to hear you figured it out. Sounds like a pain in the ass.

Super jealous you're going to have a snorkel!! Maybe next year for me. Cant wait to get my bumper from Dale and get it finished and put on. Hopefully I will have new bumper and new shocks on before ROTR.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:06 pm

forgot to mention the hub im going to do in two weeks to finally get rid of the 3 amigos!
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:56 pm

I AM GOING CRAZY!!

SO I cannot for the life of me pin point this vibration and wobble.

I HATE driving my truck right now.

Here's the plan.

1. Take front shaft off and go for a spin
1.5 Take the front drive shaft with me to DC on this trip I am going on and take it to a drive line shop
2. Have wheels and tires checked. I might have to go without dynabeads if I cant figure it out. Hoping to also figure out why Pep boys cant get a bead to set on my rim. 3 of my tires lose air.. slowly but surely
3. SWIVEL PIN PRELOAD... Once I get shims etc from PT and shocks from Denny. Going to be 1 big weekend job. Anybody wanna come lend a brother a hand?

and if none of that works - drive my truck off a cliff Twisted Evil

Also picking up my new SG bumper and getting rid of the ARB. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Jake wrote:
I AM GOING CRAZY!!

Hoping to also figure out why Pep boys cant get a bead to set on my rim. 3 of my tires lose air.. slowly but surely

Well, theres your problem, stop going to pep boys, and bring it to a real shop.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:24 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Jake wrote:
I AM GOING CRAZY!!

Hoping to also figure out why Pep boys cant get a bead to set on my rim. 3 of my tires lose air.. slowly but surely

Well, theres your problem, stop going to pep boys, and bring it to a real shop.

Yea yea yea I know but it was one of the only places in Brooklyn that wouldnt cost crazy amounts of money. Now that I am out here in the country I have to find me a really good shop.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Figured out my drive line vibe- one of the weights - the one near the cat got knocked off. Time to take this fucker to a drive line shop for real this time.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Jake wrote:
Figured out my drive line vibe- one of the weights - the one near the cat got knocked off. Time to take this fucker to a drive line shop for real this time.

Mshar in Harrisburg.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:07 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:

Mshar in Harrisburg.

The guy at Warrior Engines to me York Mack does them for $40... Closer and probably cheaper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 11 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next