Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Your work list - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:14 pm

I would get an ARB if you find one. The others are hard to find used and you can always sell an ARB should you chose to get something else. The ARB's look nice and are certainly better than stock. And people not "in the know" think they are the best you can buy.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
I would get an ARB if you find one. The others are hard to find used and you can always sell an ARB should you chose to get something else. The ARB's look nice and are certainly better than stock. And people not "in the know" think they are the best you can buy.

I'd run stock before arb and save your pennies to get the bumper you want.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: FIXED MY WINCH!!!   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:55 pm

And I have no idea how I did it. It goes in AND OUT now by remote. I couldnt get ANY signal to the winch. The in solenoid was just clicking and the out did the same but sucked a ton of power. SO I jumped F1 and F2 wither jumper cables and the winch motor ran both ways fine. rewired everything, gave the solenoids a light tap with a hammer and kept clicking it over and over. Guess one of them was stuck?

Any way My winch cable is in and I am ready for 24 hrs of snow at the pineys and any other night runs... Next up, Hella Matador work lamp!

Your work list - Page 18 Fixed_10
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 pm

well thats good! im flat blacking my hood tomorrow, finishing the rewiring job i did. and possibly adding 2 more lights.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
well thats good! im flat blacking my hood tomorrow, finishing the rewiring job i did. and possibly adding 2 more lights.

Yea I opened my hatch tonight and went... weelll shit... lol time for a work light or two
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:46 pm

flat blacked my hood today, finished wiring the lights down the snorkel... just have to re-run the reverse light wire down the conduit. right now it just goes in the door and down the a pillar. got the D2 bumper end cap clips from the dealer. 3 clips per cap, it cost about 75 cents per clip.

Your work list - Page 18 2011-10-21%25252012.16.06

Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:39 am

Jake wrote:

Secondly ARB bumpers are mass produced and are not made as beefy as others.

Look at the ARB that's on Kerry's truck. Before I sold it to Brett when he had the truck, I bought if off a rolled,wrecked truck:

Your work list - Page 18 P1010123
Your work list - Page 18 P1010122

It only suffered some small dents from that rollover. I would say they're still built pretty tough. I had Stan weld the crush cans, and put in the receiver, as I used it to move my boat around, and the 03-04 ARB's dont have shackle mounts. The D2 ARB's mount the winch facing feet forward, not upside down, and you can just reclock the winch so the clutch handle is easily accessable from the top opening. If I knew beforehand the problems I was going to have with Bottorf, I would have never sold my ARB, as I liked it alot.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:50 am

Yea I'm not saying that they arent strong but looking at Neils ARB this weekend he dented the front part, bent a part of where the fairlead mounts. I hit a tree HARD this weekend and my bumper just slid right of it. Dont know if I would be comfortable doing that with an ARB. It's all in how it's made, pressed vs welded boxed steel and the thickness of the steel. ARB is a good up grade winch bumper but it's not the BEST if you plan on wheeling hard and being worry free about hitting stuff. All SG, RTE, TR bumpers that are made fairly similar are not completely indestructable hell my bumper got tweaked by the previous owner. I believe it was from a recovery with those stupid SG swivel recovery points.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:08 am

Jake wrote:
I hit a tree HARD this weekend and my bumper just slid right of it. Dont know if I would be comfortable doing that with an ARB........ it's not the BEST if you plan on wheeling hard and being worry free about hitting stuff.

You do realize most people would try to avoid doing that? Even though I have a heavy steel bumper, I don't purposely bash into things.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:12 am

durt d1ver wrote:
Jake wrote:
I hit a tree HARD this weekend and my bumper just slid right of it. Dont know if I would be comfortable doing that with an ARB........ it's not the BEST if you plan on wheeling hard and being worry free about hitting stuff.

You do realize most people would try to avoid doing that? Even though I have a heavy steel bumper, I don't purposely bash into things.

only the adventurous ones lol hey man I had to stay on course for the trials event, it was just a little 10 inch tree
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:09 pm

should have taken the headlights off that truck!
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:23 am

Switched over 02 sensors and now waiting on code to return. WD-40's version of pb blaster works great! Little more expensive tho scratch
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 am

LockenDIFF wrote:
Switched over 02 sensors and now waiting on code to return. WD-40's version of pb blaster works great! Little more expensive tho scratch

The code will probably never come back lol
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 am

Just completed:
Head Gaskets
Watts Linkage
Tcase output flange replacement
Yellowtop
D1 Wiper arms
Trans fluid change

This weekend:
Brakes - rotors, pads, stainless lines, flush all fluid
HD/no-donut rear pinion flange
panhard bushings
Dry carpets
re-do trans fluid
check diffs
VENT LINES for diffs.

When it arrives
Remove "old" winch (smittybilt xrc8), replace with new (xrc8 Comp)

Things on radar:
track down electrical short in amplifier so my speakers work again. (prob caused seriously soaked carpet)

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:36 am

apatrizzi wrote:
Just completed:
Head Gaskets
Watts Linkage
Yellowtop
D1 Wiper arms
Trans fluid change

This weekend:
panhard bushings
Dry carpets
re-do trans fluid
check diffs
VENT LINES for diffs.

When it arrives

Things on radar:
track down electrical short in amplifier so my speakers work again. (prob caused seriously soaked carpet)

you did all that in one weekend? holy hell..
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:13 am

LockenDIFF wrote:

Code came back, same side, bank 2 low efficiency. Time to order cats!
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:18 am

LockenDIFF wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

That sucks. Id go to the local muffler shop and have them weld new ones in instead of buying a whole y pipe assembly.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:40 am

just make sure that when they weld them in they don't weld the o2 sensor in like the PO did on my truck.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:45 am

1 Have my Propshaft rebuilt.

2 finish painting my wheels.

3.order diff guard.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:46 am

I get to..

Change A arm ball joint to x engeneerings xball
Replace rear wheel bearing
install hd drive flanges in the rear
Axle breather hoses
Install new QT rear diff guard sold my old one to Nick
Change a fuel filter
Maybe change the front pinion flange
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Long Haul wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

That sucks. Id go to the local muffler shop and have them weld new ones in instead of buying a whole y pipe assembly.

98 dollars for new cats and 150 installed, not bad, the cheapest place I found the y pipe was for 433. I guess I just need to hope this will fix it. Big thanks to Jake for the link to universal cats king
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
Just completed:
Head Gaskets
Watts Linkage
Yellowtop
D1 Wiper arms
Trans fluid change

This weekend:
panhard bushings
Dry carpets
re-do trans fluid
check diffs
VENT LINES for diffs.

When it arrives

Things on radar:

you did all that in one weekend? holy hell..

The "just completed" was more like 5 days on and off because of the head gasket, the rest was fast and easy.

this coming weekend there will be a brake overhaul, fluids, diff flanges etc. and as soon as the new winch shows up, i'll pull my old (used for one full trail day) one out and put the new one in. I'm lucky that 2 of my good friends are mechanics by trade, and they have a garage with a lift and all the tools, between the 3 of us we can get a lot done in a little time.
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Put on wheel spacers and replace windshield wiper switch.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:25 am

So is it true I have to order a rear wiper blade from the dealer? Instead of going to a auto parts store and grabbing one.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:47 am

jveen wrote:
So is it true I have to order a rear wiper blade from the dealer? Instead of going to a auto parts store and grabbing one.

order yourself one of these. direct bolt on replacement but can take any normal blade. http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-8922-wiper-arm-rear-discovery-i.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 18 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next