Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Your work list - Page 15 Winch_10

Got my winch in and recovery points on. Changed oil, swivel oil, plugs and wires. Decided against putting the skid plate on for now. Might sell it with the lowered rear shock mounts and front shock plate for spacers.

Need to cut some more for the winch clutch, wire it up and maybe get a new fairlead. Would like to get a syn. winch cable but damn they are expensive. need to get longer brake lines, bump stops and get near a welder. Hope my tires come in tomorow. I am damn excited!
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Diff Guards on there junior?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:08 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Diff Guards on there junior?

You talking to me? I have a qt rear and a strap on for the front with a qt front sitting in back seat
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:34 am

if you're getting a synth you don't need a roller fairlead. if you are keeping the cable you probably should get a roller fairlead.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:36 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
if you're getting a synth you don't need a roller fairlead. if you are keeping the cable you probably should get a roller fairlead.

I think I have a steel hawse now.. I need to figure out why my which won't engage. I have a bad line somewhere
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 am

didnt even know superwinch made steel hawse fairleads i though all they had was that blue aluminum one.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:44 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
didnt even know superwinch made steel hawse fairleads i though all they had was that blue aluminum one.

I think they use steel for steel cable winches like the lp8500. Well I think it's steel because my is rusting.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:51 am

rust?! that can't be good. lol.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:57 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
rust?! that can't be good. lol.

yea it gets painted like once every other month. it looks like shit
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:05 pm

there goes $80 for an aluminum one!
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

Did I say I care? lol I'll let that fucker rust before I spent $80 on a fairlead. Unless I get a synthetic line of course.. Plus smittybilt has one for $25. The problem is that my cable would eat an aluminum fairlead in line two recoveries
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:09 pm

exactly why you need a synth line! the good thing about cable is if you get stuck by yourself you can really beat it up like if you have to winch yourself backwars you can go under your truck out thru the back and to a tree and not worry about the synth getting wrecked instantly.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Got my Ashcrofts today from L8.

This weekend:
install Detroit and axles, cones, X-ball to replace A frame ball joint, figure out brake line length issues and replace all the axle flange bolts with some grade 12's

Anybody around this weekend? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:48 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Replacement-Winch-Fairlead-Truck-Roller-Up-10-000-Pounds-/250906760924?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6b3556dc#ht_500wt_1182

There you go, a roller for under $20 shipped

hmm thanks! I think my mounting holes are 10" on center though I'll have to check
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Jake - if I didn't have a wedding to go to this weekend I'd drive up and get all greasy with ya. Driving up to Cape May on Sat, hoping to take the long way there and take a scenic route through a couple of Pine Barrens roads. My wife has never been off road, just looking for a little intro.

Bought an '04 CDL shifter off of Marty over at DWeb today. He's not pulling it until Monday though so don't think I'll have the new T Case in for Robesonia. Thinking about taking next Friday off, I could come up and get you a hand then.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:51 pm

DocFodge wrote:
Jake - if I didn't have a wedding to go to this weekend I'd drive up and get all greasy with ya. Driving up to Cape May on Sat, hoping to take the long way there and take a scenic route through a couple of Pine Barrens roads. My wife has never been off road, just looking for a little intro.

Bought an '04 CDL shifter off of Marty over at DWeb today. He's not pulling it until Monday though so don't think I'll have the new T Case in for Robesonia. Thinking about taking next Friday off, I could come up and get you a hand then.

Nice! I will HOPEFULLY get mostly everything done except for a new set of brake hoses. Need to do some more measurements.

You should get the T-case put in so then all you have to do is install the linkage. Then just run the tcase locked for the weekend - did you call Andrew?
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Jake wrote:
DocFodge wrote:

Nice! I will HOPEFULLY get mostly everything done except for a new set of brake hoses. Need to do some more measurements.

You should get the T-case put in so then all you have to do is install the linkage. Then just run the tcase locked for the weekend - did you call Andrew?

No, haven't called yet, been so frigging busy with work plus traveling I wanted to wait until I could see a breaknin the schedule. Maybe I can get the case in Friday and install the shifter on Sunday while the big kids are running the advanced course.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:00 pm

DocFodge wrote:
Jake wrote:
DocFodge wrote:

No, haven't called yet, been so frigging busy with work plus traveling I wanted to wait until I could see a breaknin the schedule. Maybe I can get the case in Friday and install the shifter on Sunday while the big kids are running the advanced course.

Or you can run the advanced course with me depending on how my truck and driving is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Or that... Be kind of cool to see of the new gear in action.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:10 pm

DocFodge wrote:
Or that... Be kind of cool to see of the new gear in action.

Good testing opportunity
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Did I say I care? lol I'll let that fucker rust before I spent $80 on a fairlead. Unless I get a synthetic line of course.. Plus smittybilt has one for $25. The problem is that my cable would eat an aluminum fairlead in line two recoveries

I have a cable with a cast steel fairlead. It will be fine....

I have read too many horror stories about synthetic line. They are too fragile - strong until you rub them a bit. Then they go to shit - quickly.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:52 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

I have a cable with a cast steel fairlead. It will be fine....

I have read too many horror stories about synthetic line. They are too fragile - strong until you rub them a bit. Then they go to shit - quickly.

Yea I am fine with what I have, I dont really care - my winch doesnt even work right now so fuck it
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Jake wrote:

Yea I am fine with what I have, I dont really care - my winch doesnt even work right now so fuck it

Not to mention that Dana can't resist a chance to show off his high powered winch and pull you out. I was in winching situations 3 times and never unhooked my cable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:58 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:

Not to mention that Dana can't resist a chance to show off his high powered winch and pull you out. I was in winching situations 3 times and never unhooked my cable. Very Happy

Lol I like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 15 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next