Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

Your work list - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:17 am

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
there goes $80 for an aluminum one!

Did I say I care? lol I'll let that fucker rust before I spent $80 on a fairlead. Unless I get a synthetic line of course.. Plus smittybilt has one for $25. The problem is that my cable would eat an aluminum fairlead in line two recoveries

I have a cable with a cast steel fairlead. It will be fine....

I have read too many horror stories about synthetic line. They are too fragile - strong until you rub them a bit. Then they go to shit - quickly.

That's what she said....
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:30 am

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Did I say I care? lol I'll let that fucker rust before I spent $80 on a fairlead. Unless I get a synthetic line of course.. Plus smittybilt has one for $25. The problem is that my cable would eat an aluminum fairlead in line two recoveries

I have read too many horror stories about synthetic line. They are too fragile - strong until you rub them a bit. Then they go to shit - quickly.

synth line just drops when it breaks. cable will take you friggin head off when it snaps.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:57 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

synth line just drops when it breaks. cable will take you friggin head off when it snaps.

Cool
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:15 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Thats why you throw a jacket or winch blanket on it. No reason to replace a perfectly good cable. A steel cable will last a lot longer than a synthetic one.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:21 am

durt d1ver wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Thats why you throw a jacket or winch blanket on it. No reason to replace a perfectly good cable. A steel cable will last a lot longer than a synthetic one.

Yea I dont really care as long as it pulls me out of sticky situations like getting stuck in a ditch lol
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 am

yeah if hte cable is in good condition no reason to replace it. but i hate frayed cables, i don't want steel going thru my hands or my skull.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:58 pm

ordering HD steering rods from Justin on Monday. can't wait to get my steering wheel straight again.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
ordering HD steering rods from Justin on Monday. can't wait to get my steering wheel straight again.

Same here my steering wheel is at like 2 o'clock. I need to find somebody who will align and adjust panhard rod and what not.

This is what I am doing tomorrow.. Ashcrofts and Detroit Smile

Your work list - Page 16 Img_0713
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:30 am

Jake wrote:

DANG Boiiiiiiiiy.... You be pimpin' in the woods for a minute, home skillet... (yes, I have no clue how to speak "urban")

Front and rear with the lockers and ashcrofts? Excuse my ignorance but how do the Detroits work? Not air like the ARB's, right?

I just removed my anti-sway bars and installed a "new" fan. Hopefully she won't overheat any more. I want to change out the steering box this weekend if I can and maybe install the Range Rover rear dive shaft.

OH!!!! and I cut my Hi-Lift tool handle free from my bent steering rod. It was almost as hard as installing it! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:15 am

that is great that you're able to recover the handle!! I'm heading out in a few mins going to seal up my snorkel with rtv. tomorrow I'm rewiring lights and adding two more.
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:36 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
that is great that you're able to recover the handle!! I'm heading out in a few mins going to seal up my snorkel with rtv. tomorrow I'm rewiring lights and adding two more.

dawg,u trying to look like me???????????
good luck wiring the lights.how many lights now????
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:41 am

I have 8 now. these two will make 10! also picking up sliders with nerfs next week
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:23 am

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:

DANG Boiiiiiiiiy.... You be pimpin' in the woods for a minute, home skillet... (yes, I have no clue how to speak "urban")

Front and rear with the lockers and ashcrofts? Excuse my ignorance but how do the Detroits work? Not air like the ARB's, right?

I just removed my anti-sway bars and installed a "new" fan. Hopefully she won't overheat any more. I want to change out the steering box this weekend if I can and maybe install the Range Rover rear dive shaft.

OH!!!! and I cut my Hi-Lift tool handle free from my bent steering rod. It was almost as hard as installing it! Suspect

lol damn son

Detroit's are not selectable like ARB's. It's a automatic locker than unlocks when you go around turns on the road. It has to do with how torque is applied to the pinion and wheel spin. It's too damn confusing for me.

Here's a video of how the true trac works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZmsY2YvVsc - pretty intense.

Congrats on ditching the sway bars
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:56 pm

im also ordering rockware sliders... hoping i can get them on before ROTR. depends on when my insurance money comes in. got the snorkel all sealed up and put back together. should be water tight now. guess we will see next time i cross a lake.
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:52 am

My to buy list before the end of the year.

Terrafirma 2" lift
Front & rear diff guards
Fuel tank skid plate
Roof rack w/ lights

Hopefully I can order the lift next week.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:28 am

LockenDIFF wrote:

Terrafirma 2" lift
Front & rear diff guards
Fuel tank skid plate
Roof rack w/ lights

Let me fix your list for you...

Terrafirma HD lift (~3") with shocks
front and rear diff guards - RTE or RB weld ons
Fuel tank skid plate - save it for later, the tank is not that vulnerable
Roof rack with lights - poseur move, cuts fuels mileage and can be removed by trees (ask Trevor), no need for weekend wheeling. Lights? For what, are you going night wheeling?

add:
remove anti-sway bars
proper off-road tires
HD steering rod and track arm, I know all too well...
Rovertym or similar front bumper - not ARB
winch for above bumper

This info is from a Rover newbie (1 year) that thought he had it all figured out. going out on the trail changes your priorities.

Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:33 am

DiscoSux wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

Terrafirma 2" lift
Front & rear diff guards
Fuel tank skid plate
Roof rack w/ lights

Let me fix your list for you...

Terrafirma HD lift (~3") with shocks
front and rear diff guards - RTE or RB weld ons
Fuel tank skid plate - save it for later, the tank is not that vulnerable
Roof rack with lights - poseur move, cuts fuels mileage and can be removed by trees (ask Trevor), no need for weekend wheeling. Lights? For what, are you going night wheeling?

add:
remove anti-sway bars
proper off-road tires
HD steering rod and track arm, I know all too well...
Rovertym or similar front bumper - not ARB
winch for above bumper

This info is from a Rover newbie (1 year) that thought he had it all figured out. going out on the trail changes your priorities.

Edit some more Smile I agree with the rack unless you're going to use it occasionally.

and as far as diff guards I would add QT to the list as well. Integrated pinion guard is sweet and they act like skids so you dont get hung up as easy even though they do wrap around.

Also I would get a rovertym or rockware gas tank skid if I were to do it all over again. I had to cut the terrafirma one to get it to fit my truck. Not sure why but it works now.

Go 3" Terrafirma from if he has it. You're going to want to go taller once you go 2" - trust me and everybody else. And get the "pro sport" +3 shocks... They are way longer than standard.

Let me know if you need help installing the lift. I am installing my second TF lift tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:59 am

I'd figure you guys would change and tweek my list, main reason I posted it. Very Happy I will consider all opinions.

As for the rack, I have a 150+ pound dog so I need the storage space on top for when she comes with us meaning the wifey two boys and myself +dog, main readon for rack. Saving gas, without rack = two cars to the lake house.

I'm on a budget with this truck, I've spent tooooo much money on my other toy that I don't even drive anymore. I'm trying to make it more suitable for off roading but maintain a family friendly truck as well.

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:17 am

LockenDIFF wrote:

Terrafirma 2" lift
Front & rear diff guards
Fuel tank skid plate
Roof rack w/ lights

why not the tf 3" ? for diff guards check out tactical rovers they have integrated pinion guards, I like the columbia overland gas tank skid.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 pm

i say see if you can find a rack used. SD or garvin wilderness. for lights i would go Hella 700FF off of Amazon, order Hella 100 watt bulbs for them. Diff guards like i said check out Tactical, they are a little over $100 each but do have the pinion guard as one piece so it's nice compare to Rover Bones from Rancy which just protects the front half of the diff. I would find whatever bumper you can. ARB or not. but for now to save money just trim the front bumper you have. there are only a few of us who don't have winches so chances are if you're wheeling with someone else we will pull or winch you out. BUT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, the main thing is to get yourself the Terrafirma 3" lift and some good A/T or M/T tires. Remember the M/T's will be more aggressive and get you better traction but will be louder on-road, potentially pissing off your wife or better, giving off a hum that puts your kids to sleep.

as for Dave and his smart ass poser comment, considering you will be driving back woods to a cabin, and coming off road with us into the Pine Barrens (which includes night trips) you will need and enjoy the extra illumination for light. They don't let you night wheel at Rausch so Dave doesn't have a use for lights.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:26 pm

solved that custom mount for the PSP problem i was having. $8 and really damn quick to get down and up.

Your work list - Page 16 2011-10-16%25252013.24.32
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

as for Dave and his smart ass poser comment, considering you will be driving back woods to a cabin, and coming off road with us into the Pine Barrens (which includes night trips) you will need and enjoy the extra illumination for light. They don't let you night wheel at Rausch so Dave doesn't have a use for lights.

If you USE the lights and rack, it isn't a poseur move. That would put you in the minority.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:09 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

If you USE the lights and rack, it isn't a poseur move. That would put you in the minority.

good luck finding a rack in this area though.... you gotta be sitting around with about $800-900 cash in hand and reply within 5 minutes of someone posting. Been trying to grab one locally since spring. Actually tried talking a guy out his D2 rack in the Best Buy parking lot last weekend. He was NOT parting with it at any cost. I really need one to help me carry all of my falling off parts around. No room in the back.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:34 pm

easiest way to score a rack is look, at trucks for sale privately with racks and offer them cash for just the rack off the truck.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
easiest way to score a rack is look, at trucks for sale privately with racks and offer them cash for just the rack off the truck.

Scanning ads everyday...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 16 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next