Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Jake wrote:
Long Haul wrote:
At least its easy to flip around. I never knew that there was a top and bottom either till Justin told me last year at ROTR. My steering would always pull to one side and thats when we looked and noticed it backwards. I flipped it now it sorta drives straight now

It still doesn't drive straight - it's all in your head Wink

Sorry I edited your post on accident with my moderator privileges.. Or was it a ghost?

LOL I didnt think I wrote that. If my rear axle was square with the frame it would drive straight. Im about to pull that Xeng setup I have off and just get johnny joints. Even with blue Loctite and a 3' pipe wrench on the jam nut they still keep working loose, I might put a couple tack welds on it once I get it squared up again.

Johnny joints will give you more flex
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Things to get done between now an ROTR
Fan clutch
Front cones
Install rearadjustable a arm joint
Fix exhaust
Align both axles
Drink beer and lots of it
Figure out and fix binding in front suspension
Change all oils
Wash wax an tire shine
Fix 02 sensor plug
Install new driveshaft
Fab up diff gaurd

Damn im gonna be busy friday
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Things to get done between now an ROTR
Fan clutch
Front cones
Install rearadjustable a arm joint
Fix exhaust
Align both axles
Drink beer and lots of it
Figure out and fix binding in front suspension
Change all oils
Wash wax an tire shine
Fix 02 sensor plug
Install new driveshaft
Fab up diff gaurd

Damn im gonna be busy friday

I have that front diff guard for you too as a reminder.

I only have to

Pick my truck up from UK motors tomorrow - they fixed the broken bolt situation and grease drive shafts if I get time. Oh and pack everything....
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks I forgot you an Dave had them for me.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:41 am

Jake wrote:

Text or call if you can't figure it out. It's a bitch to get around Panhard but is possible..

Its a bitch if you're a pussy. Just do it. Bend it open and get it on there! cyclops
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:48 am

Quote :
Its a bitch if you're a pussy. Just do it. Bend it open and get it on there! cyclops

Maybe you can crawl under there with me and give me a hand. I'll let you hold my wrench.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:56 am

jveen wrote:
Quote :

Maybe you can crawl under there with me and give me a hand. I'll let you hold my wrench.

wow, I am getting deeper and deeper. You guys are OK in my book.

Veen, when are we going to meet the girls crawling through the mud in your avatar?
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:04 am

Quote :
jveen wrote:
Quote:

wow, I am getting deeper and deeper. You guys are OK in my book.

Veen, when are we going to meet the girls crawling through the mud in your avatar?

In about a 1/2hr. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:25 pm

considering those girls are german and that picture is a few years old... i think it will be more than a 1/2 hr.

checking my fluids tomorrow, packing my truck and ready to roll!
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:43 pm

I meant in my dreams
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Finishing up getting the D2 ready, then some packing and I'll be ready to roll.

So, I had to replace my stock recovery point with a temporary (better) solution until I design a front winch bumper and get fab'd. A friend from the FPLRG put this together for me while we kick around front bumper ideas...
Your work list - Page 21 IMG00257-20111108-1428

Hit a snag or two and had to pull the crush can so I could get everything to line up...
Your work list - Page 21 IMG00258-20111110-1337

...and decided the bottom 1/3rd of what remains of my front bumper was extraneous. After chopping it off, the rest of the install went much quicker...LOL

Your work list - Page 21 IMG00264-20111110-1431

I'm sure we'll get to test this out this weekend...
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:

Who's the bear?
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:14 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

Who's the bear?

Things were a little brisk in the driveway at lunch time...
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:40 pm

We'll just throw a tow strap around your axle.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:58 am

overall i made out pretty well. i have a short in the ground that goes to my battery. that will be an easy fix just need to crimp a new eyelet on it. i have to get my hi-lo situation solved. which will be two-step process. first i need to destroy the transfer case neutral safety switch (which is nearly impossible to reach) and second i need to reinstall the stock d2 hi-lo shifter so i don't have to be so ghetto with a screwdriver and also so i don't get sprayed by the blow hole when wading. my sliders will be here tomorrow so i might (cough cough) be sick out of work later this week.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Weekend plans to finally install a damn cd player. Picked up a Alpine cd player for 10 bucks, lights up green to match interior lights, not stolen(Live near Baltimore city)lol. Today I ordered the wiring harness from amazon for 13 bucks. Wiring harness cost more then the cd player, lolol. Harness is arriving Saturday.

Seems to be a pretty easy install. Power, ground, remote wire's then hook up rca's. 10 mins Smile
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:16 pm

LockenDIFF wrote:
Weekend plans to finally install a damn cd player. Picked up a Alpine cd player for 10 bucks, lights up green to match interior lights, not stolen(Live near Baltimore city)lol. Today I ordered the wiring harness from amazon for 13 bucks. Wiring harness cost more then the cd player, lolol. Harness is arriving Saturday.

Seems to be a pretty easy install. Power, ground, remote wire's then hook up rca's. 10 mins Smile

I'd like to do the same but after a couple dips in the water my speakers don't do anything with the radio on and make strange whirls, pops and buzzing when the radio is off...
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:20 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

I'd like to do the same but after a couple dips in the water my speakers don't do anything with the radio on and make strange whirls, pops and buzzing when the radio is off...

Just hum. Smile
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:21 pm

LockenDIFF wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

Just hum. Smile

nah, I sing Eagles songs at the top of my lungs to drive my son insane...
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:39 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

Just hum. Smile

Awesome! lol.

Also got my clock light to work again somehow. I put a new bulb in it two weeks ago and today it turned on by itself. Now If i could get the cruise control to work all the time(has a mind of its own) that and a new window roller do-thingy and everything on/in the truck would work, FOR NOW.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:35 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

Just hum. Smile

This explains a lot...I thought I heard 'Hotel California' Friday morning...
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Installed the raido but the alternator whine noise was to much to bare. Tried to ground in different locations but really didn't help. Stock radio is back in and I'm looking for a 6-disc cd changer, If you have one or know where i can get one please let me know. D1
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:31 pm

you can have mine. I never use it. Swear to god. Just pay the shipping. How's that sound? I'll even include the noFX cd that i think is still in there
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Turf wrote:
you can have mine. I never use it. Swear to god. Just pay the shipping. How's that sound? I'll even include the noFX cd that i think is still in there

Cool, just the noFX cd is worth it! Maybe I can get it in person since gas money and shipping money for me to get to Philly is close to the same.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Whatever you want. I'll be at the pine barrons trip if you will be. otherwise, just let me know when you're in the neighborhood, it's not going anywhere. But i have some good and bad news about the cd changer. Good:the cd is punk in drublic Bad: its a burned copy, not an original. let me know if this is a deal breaker for the free cd changer

Turf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next