Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Your work list - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Turf wrote:
Whatever you want. I'll be at the pine barrons trip if you will be. otherwise, just let me know when you're in the neighborhood, it's not going anywhere. But i have some good and bad news about the cd changer. Good:the cd is punk in drublic Bad: its a burned copy, not an original. let me know if this is a deal breaker for the free cd changer

Turf

Cool, I should make the pines so I'll grab it from you then since its not life or death. Thanks
Back to top Go down
SPAS12
ABS Modulator Fondler
SPAS12

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

On the ride home from ROTR, I had a rotational squeal coming from the front end. Since I've been home and driving it, I haven't heard it again. Today I inspected the shaft and moved it under truck and could not see any play in ujoints, I greased the front and rear and am hoping all is good. I also checked out cv joints and all looked ok.

Work list for today--changed my oil, put some new bulbs in my parking lights, changed the front diff fluid.

Tomorrow--Wash truck, clean interior, change rear diff fluid.

Whay is a good set of bulbs to use to replace the headlights, something real clean and bright?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Picked up a GBR shaft, had a little surface rust on it, used to make the trails for MAR a couple years ago.. So I figured beautiful day might as well refinish the shaft beforeit goes in the truck. Had to keep the original sticker since they dont exsist any more.

Your work list - Page 22 Shaft_10

Trucks still at the shop. Cleaned the ECU and we will see if that works.. If not onto O2's, injectors or maybe it's a collapsed cat.. Who knows!
Back to top Go down
Pushngo
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:28 pm

SPAS12 wrote:
On the ride home from ROTR, I had a rotational squeal coming from the front end. Since I've been home and driving it, I haven't heard it again. Today I inspected the shaft and moved it under truck and could not see any play in ujoints, I greased the front and rear and am hoping all is good. I also checked out cv joints and all looked ok.

Work list for today--changed my oil, put some new bulbs in my parking lights, changed the front diff fluid.

Tomorrow--Wash truck, clean interior, change rear diff fluid.

Whay is a good set of bulbs to use to replace the headlights, something real clean and bright?

Mine was squealing from time to time before ROTR and I greased everything, seemed fine. Fri night on the way back from the trails it squealed a lot then quit Sat am on a steep incline the rear 3rd failed.

Hard to diagnose but change the diff oil and see if there is metal in the oil. The pins tend to break and stay together for a while till they are under extreme pressure or they just feel like a day off.
Back to top Go down
http://BritishBoneYard.com
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 pm

SPAS12 wrote:

I use the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra. they are bright as hell and have lasted me 3 years so I think they are worth the cost.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 pm

My weekend is going to be nuts. Here's the list and then we can play a game called "guess how much will actually get done"

install new front bumper, install new (to me) ome shocks all around, install spring spacers up front, install spring retaining clips in the rear, install new (to me) trailing arms, install new D2 style head lights, install new D2 door seals (all but pass front), re-install D2 fender flares (with epoxy this time), Change my diff oil and regular oil, install randy's diff guards if i can borrow a welder.

that is a lot fo stuff to do. i'll also bet the amount of that that gets done is inversely propartional to the amount of highlife i crush
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Turf wrote:
, install spring spacers up front,

Did you get the lower shock mounting plates from Jake? If not, I still have a couple sets.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:30 pm

The spring spacers are from rovertym, you're saying I need front lower shock mounting brackets to use em? Ugh. How much? And thNks for the heads up
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Turf wrote:
The spring spacers are from rovertym, you're saying I need front lower shock mounting brackets to use em? Ugh. How much? And thNks for the heads up

I have a pair still I'll have to figure out how much I want for them. I'll let them go cheap
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Turf wrote:

Well when I put my spacers on, the shocks fit inside the spacers but it was tight. Any movement of the shock would have caused damage. Having said that, they were installed on my parts truck like that. I don't know how they survived.
I looked around for a solution and I got no help. No one seemed to have recognized the issue. So, I had a few sets of shock mount plates made up.

photos: PLATES

It also helps center your shock travel instead of having them pulled out another inch or so when static. They worked great for me. I am not sure how other folks do it.

$22 shipped (pretty much at cost).
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:56 pm

So the plate will sit on top of the spacer and the shock will mount to the plate? Ok. Makes sense. What's your pay pal. Think I could have em by Friday?
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Turf wrote:
So the plate will sit on top of the spacer and the shock will mount to the plate? Ok. Makes sense. What's your pay pal. Think I could have em by Friday?

Yes, the plate sits on top of the spacer and spring plate. You have to install things in a certain order. Just think about it a bit before you assemble.

Jake has a set he got from me and ended up not using.

Where in Philly are you? I am headed downtown for business on Thursday and Friday from the Reading area.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Quote :
My weekend is going to be nuts. Here's the list and then we can play a game called "guess how much will actually get done"

install new front bumper, install new (to me) ome shocks all around, install spring spacers up front, install spring retaining clips in the rear, install new (to me) trailing arms, install new D2 style head lights, install new D2 door seals (all but pass front), re-install D2 fender flares (with epoxy this time), Change my diff oil and regular oil, install randy's diff guards if i can borrow a welder.

that is a lot fo stuff to do. i'll also bet the amount of that that gets done is inversely propartional to the amount of highlife i crush
Thats a hell of list good luck. Mine is put on NELRC stickers and hang wreath from spare tire ,cause I am festive and shit. santa
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:04 pm

I live in center city, but thursday and friday i'll be up in hatboro for work. SO unless you wanted to pop by in the evening or just stick em in my mailbox, idk if that would work. If you're close and its not a hassle for you, i live at 1022 brandywine st 19123. Its like a half block above spring garden between 10&11. let me know. If not, i could pay you now and maybe if they get in the mail tomorrow they could still make it
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:08 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :

Thats a hell of list good luck. Mine is put on NELRC stickers and hang wreath from spare tire ,cause I am festive and shit. santa

haha thats a good idea i need a tree i can mount on my roof rack.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 pm

jveen wrote:
and hang wreath from spare tire ,cause I am a pile of festering shit. santa

Jeez, you seem ok to me... Suspect
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Turf wrote:
I live in center city, but thursday and friday i'll be up in hatboro for work. SO unless you wanted to pop by in the evening or just stick em in my mailbox, idk if that would work. If you're close and its not a hassle for you, i live at 1022 brandywine st 19123. Its like a half block above spring garden between 10&11. let me know. If not, i could pay you now and maybe if they get in the mail tomorrow they could still make it

Shipping is much easier, come to think of it. I'll get them going tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Dig it. What's the email I should pay pal?
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Quote :
jveen wrote:

Shit did I offend you its a "holiday" wreath not x-mas
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:24 pm

what a bully haha. and he's shaking me down for my lunch money too geez
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:41 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
jveen wrote:

Shit did I offend you its a "holiday" wreath not x-mas

Pussy! It's a CHRISTMAS wreath. Say it "Christ-mas"...

The aforementioned change of wording twas but a joke. I am the forum asshole! cheers

PR be damned
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:43 pm

So...dave......you trying to get paid or what?

I need your email homey. Stop picking on dudes and conduct some bizniss

Turf
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Turf wrote:
So...dave......you trying to get paid or what?

I need your email homey. Stop picking on dudes and conduct some bizniss

Turf

desmo888 AT comcast.net

Sorry, I get caught up in the holiday fun.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Turf wrote:
what a bully haha. and he's shaking me down for my lunch money too geez

Ha! Bully? Only in fun. I am a giant tub of shit otherwise...

I like your wreath idea jveen. But, as Brett will attest, it does little good for me to put on an immobile truck. rabbit

(beat you to it, you jar-headed prick!)
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:11 pm

sent, and i know you're just foolin, i personally thought it was hillarious
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 22 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next