Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

Your work list - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:09 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
jveen wrote:
So is it true I have to order a rear wiper blade from the dealer? Instead of going to a auto parts store and grabbing one.

order yourself one of these. direct bolt on replacement but can take any normal blade.

yup. one of the best changes i made to the rover. They sell a "full kit" that includes wipers. DONT get that, it comes with LR genuine wipers and quite frankly they stink. I've found a good (and cheap) "conventional style" wiper is the Bosch Micro Edge . I use them on my company car and they're awesome, and i think cost me like 10 bucks each.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:44 am

Quote :
order yourself one of these. direct bolt on replacement but can take any normal blade. http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-8922-wiper-arm-rear-discovery-i.aspx

Can I use one from a junk D1 cause there is one at a local junk yard that I got my CDL out of
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 am

jveen wrote:
Quote :
order yourself one of these. direct bolt on replacement but can take any normal blade. http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-8922-wiper-arm-rear-discovery-i.aspx

Can I use one from a junk D1 cause there is one at a local junk yard that I got my CDL out of

yeah of course. that's what i have. the front's are a different story the spring gets weaker with age.. but the backs who cares as long as it still wipes. you just have to run the washer hose up the D1 arm. the D1's don't have a nozzle on the arm. i just zip tied mine to the arm and it works great.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:52 am

jveen wrote:
Quote :

Yes - and what color is that D1 again?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:58 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
jveen wrote:
Quote :

yeah of course. that's what i have. the front's are a different story the spring gets weaker with age.. but the backs who cares as long as it still wipes. you just have to run the washer hose up the D1 arm. the D1's don't have a nozzle on the arm. i just zip tied mine to the arm and it works great.

yes it works, function over looks on that one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 am

Ordered 2 cats today.

Install rear Qt Diff guard that Im picking up from Jake today.

Get cats installed when they arrive.

Hope that gets rid of my Check engine code/light.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:16 pm

You can also just buy wiper blade inserts, and reuse the old frame, costs about $3. Same for the Front.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
You can also just buy wiper blade inserts, and reuse the old frame, costs about $3. Same for the Front.

I have to do this for my VW - talk about annoying
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Don't know factory color but it is a gray green
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Been a while since I posted some actual work.. SO here ya go!

X -Ball joint for a arm screw on top to tighten it when it gets loose (dont mind the pit bull I'm too lazy to crop)
Your work list - Page 19 Img_0810

Your work list - Page 19 Img_0812

Getting the old one out too a shit ton of heat and an air chisel. Be casreful the ball might explode out like a cannon and kill you..

Your work list - Page 19 Img_0816

Here's a genius idea that will save you time and effort.. also the crown nut is a 30 MM and I was lucky enough to be able to get the socket on their enough to break it loose with breaker bar

Your work list - Page 19 Img_0817

Your work list - Page 19 Img_0837

Got a pair of flanges from rovers north with my gift certificate that are identical to Terrafirmas. I should be getting socket and new bearings so these should go in tomorrow night. A long with my new QT diff guard..

Your work list - Page 19 Img_0818

Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:57 pm

jveen wrote:
Don't know factory color but it is a gray green

ahh ok I need some bits off of a white one.. Still enjoying the new lift?
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Quote :
ahh ok I need some bits off of a white one.. Still enjoying the new lift?

There is a white one local but it isn't a ina u pull it I can get you number if you want?

Last edited by jveen on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:35 pm

No longer bone stock, rear diff guard is installed. Those top two bolts are a pain to get the nuts on.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:44 pm

LockenDIFF wrote:
No longer bone stock, rear diff guard is installed. Those top two bolts are a pain to get the nuts on.

club site updated!
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:50 pm

LockenDIFF wrote:

Yea that's why I had it already put together. You mean the ones on the 3rd member or the top two on diff guard? Last time I put it own I left it all assembled.

Lol NOW I tell you right?
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Jake wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

Yea that's why I had it already put together. You mean the ones on the 3rd member or the top two on diff guard? Last time I put it own I left it all assembled.

I couldn't get it on with the black piece installed. I had to take it apart, bolt the black piece to the top diff bolts then put the actual diff guard on. It was a pain but its on. I had 6 people in the truck after and on a dip in the road I think it tapped the gas tank. Need a lift lol or just keep people out of my trunk Smile
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

club site updated!

Thanks! Soon to add more.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:26 pm

LockenDIFF wrote:
Jake wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

I couldn't get it on with the black piece installed. I had to take it apart, bolt the black piece to the top diff bolts then put the actual diff guard on. It was a pain but its on. I had 6 people in the truck after and on a dip in the road I think it tapped the gas tank. Need a lift lol or just keep people out of my trunk Smile

Lol probably a arm ball joint! Mine clunked like hell before I changed it.
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Jake wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:
Jake wrote:
LockenDIFF wrote:

Lol probably a arm ball joint! Mine clunked like hell before I changed it.

I could actually see where it hit the guard, it was dirty in one spot the rest was pretty silver, nice paint job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Ah yea like right beforexthe bend? I've it it there before too now that I think about it. When I had my ome set up
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Jake wrote:
Ah yea like right beforexthe bend? I've it it there before too now that I think about it. When I had my ome set up

Yup that spot.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:43 pm

LockenDIFF wrote:
Jake wrote:

Yup that spot.

You can get a 3" TF lift from Justin for $588 right now.. CALL HIM!! lol
Back to top Go down
DOHC
Still New Guy
DOHC

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:35 pm

Time to install Ashcroft front CV's. all out of stock spares. Rolling Eyes

Your work list - Page 19 293304_10150352425803722_563153721_8233865_496143575_n
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:42 pm

DOHC wrote:
Time to install Ashcroft front CV's. all out of stock spares. Rolling Eyes

Your work list - Page 19 293304_10150352425803722_563153721_8233865_496143575_n

A picture I could have lives without seeing! I think you just scared me into a set of the same for my d1..
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Universal cats have arrived today, hopefully I'll have time to drop it off at the shop to be welded on. Geeze I hope this fixes my problem.

Your work list - Page 19 Cats

Jake's on Sat to try and fix the rear QT diff rub issues and broken bolt removal hopefully

Get trimmed front bumper from Jake Sat as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next